Conveyors are a common piece of material handling equipment found in most warehouses with assembly lines, such as the packaging and distribution industries. These simple machines allow for the easy transportation of items, particularly heavier or bulkier items, from one location to another. The right conveyor can dramatically increase productivity, which will only help boost profitability. And that’s the name of the game.
Choosing the Right Conveyor System for My Warehouse
Choosing the right conveyor system can be pretty overwhelming. Any time you purchase new equipment for your warehouse, you are making a fairly large investment, so it is important to do your research and ensure you are making a decision you will be happy with for years to come. There are several important factors to consider.
- Modularity: How customizable is the conveyor system? You want a system that easily fits into your existing warehouse without much added work on your end.
- Scalability: As your business grows, does your conveyor have the capability to grow right along with it? You need a conveyor that not only satisfies your current demands, but also accommodates your future needs.
- Safety: Does the conveyor system have built in safety features?
- Reliability: Not all conveyors are created equal. Some are simply better than others, so you want to make sure you are investing in a conveyor system manufactured by a well-established company that stands behind its products.
- The Distributor: It is important to work with a distributor that cares about your business, a distributor that will not only help you make the right financial decision, but also stick by your side to provide future repairs.
Conveyor Service and Repair in Maryland
The S.W. Betz Company, Inc. has been providing businesses in Maryland and beyond with all of their essential Weighing, Material Handling, Dock, and Warehouse equipment since 1933. We are a proud distributor for many industry leading conveyor manufacturers, including Lewco, Inc. and Roll-A-Way Conveyors. S.W. Betz also services and repairs conveyors as well, ensuring your investment continues to work as well as it did the day you bought it,
If you have any questions about Conveyor Systems, please contact S.W. Betz by calling 410-574-1414 or 800-332-0322 today! You can count on the S.W. Betz Company to work with you and provide you with our extensive knowledge of the industry.
Follow us on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn today!